-->
BG FR US
ACADEMIC ACTIVITY
INTERNATIONAL ACTIVITY
RESEARCH ACTIVITY
 ВТУ "Тодор Каблешков"

JUBILEE CONFERENCE „TWENTY YEARS NATIONAL TRUST ECOFUND”

On March 9, 2015 in the ceremonial hall of Sofia University “St Kliment Ohridski” was carried out a jubilee conference on occasion of 20th anniversary from the establishment of the National Trust Eco fund. Mrs Kristalina Georgieva – European Commissioner for Budget and Human Resources, Mrs Ivelina Vasileva – Minister of Environment and Water of Republic of Bulgaria, ambassadors of Switzerland and Austria, politicians, representatives of beneficiaries and many guests were at the event.
The rector of University of Transport “Todor Kableshkov” - Prof. Petar Kolev, PhD, vice-rector in Research and International Affairs - Assoc. Prof. Daniela Todorova, PhD and eng. Georgi Gergov – Head of Department “Business activities and security” also participated in the conference. They are the principal members of the management team of the project “Implementing energy efficiency of the dormitory building of Todor Kableskov, University of Transport, Sofia”, fulfilled in 2013 through National Scheme for Green Investments.
The scope of work included:
• Exterior walls insulation;
• Roof insulation;
• Replacement of old windows;
• Heating installation renovation
The total cost of the project was BGN 1 017 246. 85% of the funding was free of charge from the National Trust Eco Fund and the other 15% were due to university’s own revenues.
The reduction of greenhouse gases emissions is 24 150 mCO2eq, and the annual savings based on reduced energy consumption are BGN 317 299.
The positive results from the implementation of the project were also reported at the conference, as well as the opportunities for realization of a second project with similar activities, concerning 2nd dormitory building of Todor Kableshkov, University of Transport, co-financed by the National Trust Eco Fund.